This notice is addressed to anyone visiting and interacting with this Gift Ideas For Women site (Giftideasforwomen.ca). It only applies to this website and not to any other websites visited by the user via links on this website; The Company shall to no extent be held liable for the unlawful processing of your data by third parties. We recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and our policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our site.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit this web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site.
1. Personal Information You Choose to Provide
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
2. Web Site Use Information
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Giftideasforwomen.ca utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and web server log files to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at Giftideasforwomen.ca, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site.
What Are Cookies?
Types of cookies
Cookies may be categorised:
– Based on the subject who installs them, depending on whether the latter also manages the website that is being visited (so-called “first-party cookies”) or another subject does it (so-called “third-party cookies”);
– According to the purpose served by each cookie: some cookies allow better browsing, memorising some of the users’ choices, such as the language they use (so called “technical cookies”). Other cookies allow the users’ browsing choices to be tracked, in order to send advertising material and/or offer services, which are in line with the users’ preferences (so-called “profiling cookies”).
Cookies for web statistics and analytics
Cookies used by third parties, often in an anonymous form, for statistical purposes. These kind of cookies collect data about website usage in order to help us improve the browsing for our visitors. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form. Collected data include but is not limited to the following examples:
– number of visitors to the site, pages visited and browsing history;
– performance indicators of acquisition campaigns based on different traffic sources;
– details on viewed pages;
What we do with the information we gather
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our site.
We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Problems or questions